What a wonderful night at the Special Olympics Florida Champions Gala! Some 400 guests turned out for the event at the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, as we honored our partners and some of our incredible award winners. We are so grateful to everyone who attended in support of the athletes of Special Olympics Florida.
In total, you helped us raise over $350,000.
The night was filled with friendship, fellowship, and music by members of the Orlando Philharmonic Orchestra, singer-songwriter Jodi DiPiazza and “The Voice” standout Chloe Hogan. It was highlighted by an appearance from Special Olympics Florida triathlete Chris Nikic, who urged guests and fellow athletes to fight for inclusion and never give up on their dreams.
huge thanks to Presenting Sponsor Publix, Platinum Sponsors
Anheuser-Busch, PepsiCo, Frito-Lay, and Procter & Gamble, Meal
Sponsor Greenberg Traurig, Entertainment Sponsor Fanatics, and hosts Jim
Payne and Meredith McDonough.
- View our Champions Gala Recap video
- Watch and listen to the remarks of some of our Leadership Award winners.
- Check out our year-in-review video
- View photos from Champions Gala
- Watch a short film about Chris Nikic on his journey to becoming an IRONMAN.