Lots of great events around the state this week for Spread the Word Day (March 2). The effort to promote inclusion and acceptance has become a global movement to end discrimination against people with intellectual disabilities (ID). Here are just a few examples of what we saw this week:
- In Lee County, students sang inclusive campfire songs
- In Monroe County, they played games and held inclusion raffles
- In Orange County, students signed inclusion banners
- In Seminole County, students posted positive messages all around their school
- In Duval County, students held a popsicle party, played Inclusion Bingo, and journaled stories of inclusion
At the college level, Barry University hosted students from the Robert Renick Education Center and Florida State University held several events throughout the week. A huge thanks to everyone who participated.