Special Olympics Florida families are volunteers, coaches, fundraisers, speakers, but most importantly, they are a constant source of support and encouragement for our athletes. Because we recognize the value of our Special Olympics Florida families, we have created the Family Action Network -- made up of dedicated family members, including parents, siblings, grandparents, guardians, and caretakers from around the state who are ready to champion the Special Olympics movement, take action, and be a fan.
What We Do
- Honor families as integral members of our community
- Create opportunities to make meaningful connections with other family members
- Provide information to families on news, events and opportunities
- Train and equip Family Messengers to become advocates for our organization
- Develop projects and products to better the lives of our families
- Engage and encourage new families to join Special Olympics Florida
By joining Family Action Network, families develop deeper engagement with Special Olympics Florida. With the support of the network, you can take action and begin building connections with other families in your area.
When you join Family Action Network you will receive:
- Welcome packet in the mail
- Local family engagement opportunities
- Free giveaways
- Information on how to become a certified Family Messenger
- Family forum information
- Local and State Family Committee Information
- Local family event information
- Information on how to help family engagement initiatives in your area
- Information about volunteer opportunities
Join the Family Action Network today!