Through experiential learning, the Internship Program provides students the opportunity to acquire the necessary professional training to successfully start their careers.
The Internship Program will enable students to:
- Expand their professional network
- Develop and refine necessary professional skills
- Explore various career paths
- Gain valuable hands-on experience
- Build a competitive resume
Although the program requires a minimum of four hours per week for a full semester (or summer session), after final review with a supervisor, interns may choose to extend the internship beyond one semester. The specific work schedule will be determined by the intern, Community Engagement manager and supervisor upon placement in an internship position.
Interns will primarily work out of the assigned county’s office, however there are also off-site events that take place at various locations. In addition, Interns may have the opportunity to travel to statewide events outside of the county.
Below is a list of some possible internships offered within the program. Please note that these positions may vary depending on the county and availability:
- Games Delegation Administration
- Sports Marketing
- Sports Management
- Resource Development & Event Planning
- Public Relations
- Community Engagement
- Special Olympics Unified Champion Schools
If you are interested in becoming an intern, contact us today!